Though there appear to be no conclusive announcements about the "exciting new attraction" replacing JAWS on the horizon, there are still plenty of brand new attractions to bring visitors to Universal Studios this year. If you want to be one of the first in line to see some of these new offerings, you should plan your 2012 visit now. All-new offerings can be few and far between with some theme parks. The chance to see so many innovative options in one year is something no Universal fan should miss.
- Despicable Me - The summer of 2012 will see a whole new attraction with the opening of the Despicable Me ride where Jimmy Neutron once sat. Though the original building still stands, the inside is reported to be completely renovated for the new attraction.
- The Amazing Adventure of Spider-Man - This ride, currently closed, is scheduled to reopen sometime in March. The new ride will feature 4K HD 3D film to make the action closer and more realistic than ever before.
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - 100 Years of Movie Magic - We'll be honest - The Universal 360 show was never something to rave about. Universal's new show, opening this spring, will include water screens (think Fantasmic), pyrotechnics and music that promise a whole new experience.
- Universal's Super Star Parade - Also opening this spring is the new Super Star Parade that will feature characters from all your favorite films including Despicable Me, SpongeBob, Dora the Explorer and more. If you miss the parade, you can still see some of the floats displayed as backdrops behind character meet-and-greets.
- Blue Man Group - A new version of the wildly popular Blue Man Group show has already debuted this February. Whether you've seen the show before or are a newcomer to the action, this is one event you should absolutely include in your agenda. You're sure to have a ball (pun intended).